Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Excess humidity
"nick"
post Jul 15 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #1

Guests

Thanks for your reply on the wine pros forum. I would be interested in finding out more.

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
"Jason"
post Jun 25 2005, 02:27 AM
Post #2

Guests

We have a product that will remove the humidity from your wine cellar please contact me if you are interested.

+Quote Post
"simm"
post Feb 11 2005, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Guests

hard one nick. Maybe try the old layers of newspaper trick. Works for soaked shoes! Just keep replacing it with new dry stuff, or leave in the sun to dry. There are dehumidifying crystals but they are very toxic, expensive, and I can't remember what they are called. Will try and find out for you if you like.

+Quote Post
"nick"
post Feb 6 2005, 03:32 AM
Post #4

Guests

Hi guys
I am a neophyte email user and wine storer so forgive me on both counts. I'd appreciate some advice. when we built our new house we put in a wine cellar sub terranean and well insulated from the harsh Australian sun ( ie no direct radiation ) During construction heavy rainfalss meant that the cellar was conastantly flodded for a year and even now the humdity remains at 90-95 %. The cellar is 5mx4m and has a plain concrete floor and doube brick walls with an outer non porous coat. How do I dehumidify the cellar which it seems to me is still losing water from its concrete base that was soaked for a year. What methods are avcailable chemical or mechanical ( ie buy a dehumidifier)?
Can I use hollow vertically mounted pipes on the walls to provide natural air convection that will result in the precipitation out odof excress water. I must add that with four children under 7 the option of leaving the trap door open is of course out of the question.
I really would appreciate some advice here.
Best wishes Nick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2020 - 01:23 PM