Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How long to cellar
"BruceR"
post Apr 4 2003, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Guests

Shaun,

I would guess the label was probably written after the wine was blended and about when it was bottled, which would be late 01. So three years from then would be around 2004-2005
Bruce

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
"Graham"
post Apr 4 2003, 10:39 AM
Post #2

Guests

I get the impression that Tyrrells private bin wines and some penfolds are guilty of this.

+Quote Post
"Graham"
post Apr 4 2003, 10:38 AM
Post #3

Guests

I get the impression that Tyrrells private bin wines and some penfolds are guilty of this.

+Quote Post
"Ug"
post Apr 4 2003, 05:51 AM
Post #4

Guests

Motho
To my mind at least it's a very astute observation. How should you know if it's fresh out of the cellar door this week, or has been sat on the shelves for a year or two.

Hence I suspect why some writers such as Halliday / Oliver give drinking windows in calendar years e.g. 2003 to 2005. Whereas it's still guesswork, at least they take one variable out of the equation!

An interesting article a while ago implied some wineries were suggesting longer than sensible cellaring just to give the impression of ageworthiness & hence better quality. Has anyone seen examples of this?
Ug

+Quote Post
"motho"
post Apr 3 2003, 10:47 PM
Post #5

Guests

Howdy again,

I'm currently drinking an Ingoldby Cab Sav 2000. Recommended to me from the guy at Dan Murphey's. To me it seems ok, for $11.90 a good quaffer.
Reading the label poses, for me, a good question. The label reads "We think it is drinking well now or lay it down for three years."
My question is, if this is current release and the vintage is 2000 then is it three years from now or three years from vintage which in fact would be now?

Probably a stupid question but I am new at this!

Cheers,

Shaun

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 11:15 AM