Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best place to buy Grange
Robyn
post Feb 15 2013, 06:59 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: RootAdmin
Member No.: 222

Hi Chantelle - interesting question. When I have seen Grange in Dan's, it has been lying down, and locked up, but as you say it was not in a specific temperature controlled fridge. That said, the entire store environment is temperature controlled, and what wines do not like is sudden temperature fluctuations, so even though the store is a temperature somewhat above ideal for wines (to keep us humans happy!), it is good in that it would not have been exposed to extreme heat or cold (or worse, direct sun). Don't forget, they have their Grange and all other stock on display to protect, too!

You might like to discuss your concern with them and see what they say. I am assuming that you may not want to drink these straight away, but if you did, and they were affected in some way, they might offer you some sort of guarantee. If you are buying as an investment, the most important thing will be for you to cellar them well yourself.

The alternative is to try a smaller independent bottle store and see what they can offer. You can of course always buy online, but then there is absolutely no guarantee of where the wines have been stored, how they have been transported, etc.

It sounds like your husband is in for a wonderful birthday surprise! Cheers - Robyn

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chantelle
post Feb 7 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 49,839

I'm new to wine buying and I want to buy my husband some 2001 & 2004 Grange for his birthday.
I have seen that Dan Murphy stock it but I am wary of buying from there as they only had it stored on the shelves.
It was lying down but it wasn't in a temperate controlled environment.
Any advice and info much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2018 - 01:40 PM