Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cellaring time????
"Mary"
post Aug 18 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Guests

Thank you, Daz, please continue.

I just discovered everybody in the wine business uses the vintage date for working out the cellaring date. I wonder, how come I thought it has something to do with the release date. I am usually not that slow or superficial.

I am surprised at how much I can learn from this site.

Cheers, Mary

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
"simm"
post Sep 8 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Guests

Just couldn't help yourself could you? There is still a certain Tahbilk magnum waiting down here for you.

Awaaaaaaaay!

+Quote Post
"daz"
post Aug 26 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Guests

Yeah Simm, there's lots of effluvium on some other sites so drop into here occasionally.

Dalfarras CS 91 is a bargain for $30. Needs careful decanting and at least an hour after that to show it's best. "Noice".

Clippity-clop. Still waiting for O'Shea 98 to mature before saddling up to it.

Best

daz

+Quote Post
"simm"
post Aug 26 2004, 07:42 AM
Post #4

Guests

good to see you're still putting the work in there Daz.

True Peter, don't cellar them, drink them.

+Quote Post
"Peter J"
post Aug 22 2004, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Guests

Thanks Daz..

+Quote Post
"daz"
post Aug 21 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #6

Guests

Hi Peter

3-5 years sounds about right for the wines you've mentioned. Halliday's Wine Companion 2004 gives the Rosemount's drinking window until 2007 but I doubt that it'll develop after next year, probably drinking at it's best now. Kangarilla Road 2001 best 2005-2009 so the 2002 may last up to 2011. The grenache-based Tatachilla Keystone 2001 he gives until 2006 so it should be drinking at about it's best now.

Since Halliday's departure from the Winepros' site, with possibly access to his Australian articles, membership of it has been devalued to the point that I've not renewed ny subscription this year. It was the best wine info resource before it fell over, possibly due to it's involvement with Vintage Cellars - I got stung buying too many very overpriced wines. And Winelife seems to struggle to compete with other etailers, e.g. Taylors Cab $15+ when I've seen it at $13 freight-free.

Don't know of any existing, comprehensive wine site such as that you're seeking but suggest that you check out other etailer sites, some of which quote critic's TNs that include drinking windows, though the winery's TNs are often all that are provided. Oh, and mostly what's currently available.

Good hunting

daz

+Quote Post
"Peter J"
post Aug 21 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #7

Guests

Just wondering if anybody can help me.I have a small cellar and have some wines in there that are not of the highest of quality eg:Rosemount diamond label shiraz 2001,Tatachilla Keystone 2001,Kangarilla Road shiraz 2002 etc,but I just want to know if there is a site somewhere where i can find cellaring lenghths for some of the cheaper wines around.And for all wines in that case.I know most of the wines i have mentioned should probably be drunk within 3-5 years but i would just loke to know how long for these wnines and others.....

Thanks You help would be much appreciated.
Peter J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 11:48 PM