Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Have these reached their peak?? please help^^
"IVAN"
post Nov 30 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hacker,

Thank you very much Hacker. yeah...all those wines are expensive, but my dad is a wine collector. He would spend a lot to buy some cult wines. However, me and my dad are both beginner on red wine, still learning hard^^. We used to drink hill of Graces and Granges. I reckon they are very nice especially hill of grace. It is very cheap to buy wines here compare to the price in HK. In HK, a 1998 Grange would cost AUS $1500 in cellar....it's pretty crazy. Anyway, thank you for your advise^^

All the best,
Ivan

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
"Hacker"
post Nov 30 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Guests

Ivan,

I'd be surprised that you would spend very large amounts of money on these wines without first thinking about drinkability!

Depending on provenance, all the wines you mentioned have at least 5 years, possibly 10 years till they 'peak'. But if you like more fruit taste in your wines, now is as good a time to drink them. If you like more of a regional or 'terrior' focus, leave them in your cellar. Just make sure your cellar is cool and dark to do wines of this calibre some justice.

cheers,

David M.

+Quote Post
"IVAN"
post Nov 21 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Guests

Hi everyonw,
just bought some wines from Langtons today, has anyone tried the following wines b4?? and have they reached their "peak"??
ROCKFORD SVS Pressings Shiraz 1998
GREENOCK CREEK Roennfeldt Road Shiraz 1996
GREENOCK CREEK Roennfeldt Road Shiraz 1997
appreicate if anyone can tell me about this
all the best^^

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2020 - 11:42 AM