Reply to this topicStart new topic
Introduce Yourself
philgreen
post Nov 21 2014, 07:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 15,292

Hi I'm Philip,

I started my Central Otago wine guiding business in 1999 - Appellation Central Wine Tours, happy to offer advice for travellers coming to New Zealand - best time to come, which regions to visit, wine styles.

Have also travelled extensively to other world wine regions:

Australia - Hunter Valley, Coonawarra, McLaren Vale, Barossa, Grampains, Pyrenees, Clare Valley...
Argentina - Mendoza
USA - Sonoma, Paso Robles, Williamette Valley, Walla Walla
France - most major regions
Italy - Piedmonte, Chianti, Montalcino, Montepulciano...

Most recently visited Walla Walla and Oregon July 2014 and have a list of great vineyards an wines tasted.

Philip Green
Director
Appellation Central Wine Tours
Queenstown - Central Otago - New Zealand
Visit My Website - Appellation Central
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LovesWine21
post Sep 9 2014, 02:57 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 54,253

QUOTE (Robyn @ Apr 18 2010, 11:46 AM) *
Hello, I'm Trish, the VisitVineyards.com site editor.

I'm responsible for the content on the site. I work with a great team of wine and food writers from around Australia to put together the articles and suggested cellar door tour itineraries you find on the site.

It seems like a great time to freshen up our forums and start introducing ourselves. Members of the site get special privilleges when they're out visiting vineyards in our partner regions and I can't wait to see some of the stories posted on the forums and on the feedback forms on each prodcut's listing (we're gettting lots already).

And, if you have an idea for a story or have just completed your own wine region tour and want to suggest some itinerary ideas please get in touch!

Happy tasting!

Trish

Welcome Trish.

+Quote Post
LovesWine21
post Sep 9 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 54,253

QUOTE (australianonline @ Sep 1 2010, 09:00 PM) *
WElcome for this site Trish smile.gif

Welcome Trish smile.gif

+Quote Post
TwinBridges
post Nov 29 2012, 12:28 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 49,118

Hi Just introducing myself to the forum, it is a great resource and you have so many archived threads, there is plenty of research opportunities.

+Quote Post
Dvinecru
post Aug 3 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 47,988

Hello, I'm Dvine,

I'm new member at your site
Regards:
Dvinecru

+Quote Post
Robyn
post Mar 25 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: RootAdmin
Member No.: 222

Don't forget to check out our page on Facebook - lots of our new posts go there now http://www.facebook.com/VisitVineyards?v=wall

(or search in Facebook for Visit Vineyards)

Also on twitter http://www.twitter.com/visitvineyards

See you there! Cheers - Robyn

+Quote Post
australianonline
post Sep 1 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 29,514

Hello to all people here hospitality training

+Quote Post
australianonline
post Sep 1 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 29,514

QUOTE (Robyn @ Apr 18 2010, 11:46 AM) *

I'm responsible for the content on the site. I work with a great team of wine and food writers from around Australia to put together the articles and suggested cellar door tour itineraries you find on the site.

It seems like a great time to freshen up our forums and start introducing ourselves. Members of the site get special privilleges when they're out visiting vineyards in our partner regions and I can't wait to see some of the stories posted on the forums and on the feedback forms on each prodcut's listing (we're gettting lots already).

And, if you have an idea for a story or have just completed your own wine region tour and want to suggest some itinerary ideas please get in touch!

Happy tasting!

Trish

WElcome for this site Trish smile.gif

+Quote Post
Robyn
post Apr 18 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: RootAdmin
Member No.: 222

Happy tasting!

Trish

+Quote Post
Winearound
post Jan 29 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 23,857

We are Tim and Kat of WineAroundOz. We are members of visit vineyards and have found it very useful in our travels around Oz wineries. We are 5 months in to a 12 month journey to discover all things about Australian wines. So far we have been to the following wine regions: NSW- Southern Highlands, Shoalhaven, Sapphire Coast, Tumbarumba, Riverina (wagga wagga), Gundagai, Young, Canowindra, Orange, Mudgee, Hunter Valley.

Victoria - Rutherglen, King Valley, Heathcote, Pryenees, Mornington Peninsula.

Tasmania: Coal Valley, Freycinet, Tamar Valley.

We make video reviews of the wines we come across and have our own little page if you want to follow our travels or just see some fun stuff at http://www.winearoundoz.com http://www.winearoundoz.com

We regularly get information from the visit vineyards page - it is a huge source for us.

Tim and Kat

+Quote Post
anenubs09
post Dec 14 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 23,732

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL FORUM

Pop in here and say hi and introduce yourself guess Ill go first .

Im Lea... 30 ..live in Sydney ..3 kids who are all huge Shanny fans and 1 hubby who isnt

+Quote Post
honeybly
post Nov 17 2008, 08:47 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 243

Somebody has to be first (or second) I guess.

I found this site a while ago and have enjoyed reading articles. I really like the itinerarys and i will use them when we plan our next holiday.

I'm not much of a wine buff, but I know what I like. My husband has brought home plenty of "nice" bottles of wine over the years. His boss is a "buff" and often gives us interesting things to try. I'd like to learn more about wines and the wine industry in Australia and I am really enjoying this site.

thanks

+Quote Post
Lou
post Nov 12 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #13

Group: Member
Member No.: 61

Hello, I'm Lou, the VisitVineyards.com site editor.

I'm responsible for all the editorial content on the site. I work with a great team of wine and food writers from all over Australia (and the world) to put together all the articles and suggested cellar door tour itineraries you find on the site.

Now that our Members section is live it seems like a great time to freshen up our forums and start introducing ourselves. Members of the site get special privilleges when they're out visiting vineyards in our partner regions and I can't wait to see some of the stories posted on the forums.

Happy tasting!

Lou

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Cameron.Jones

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 03:09 PM