Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Actual Sale. I don't work there. (Perth)
"cranky"
post Feb 6 2002, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Guests

Sort of related to the earlier post about VC sale...
There has been a very big shake-up in the Perth liquor store scene, with some large players being bought out, some stores starting their own mini chains, and some nationalisation of outlets (as in nationwide franchises, not as in government, though who knows where THAT would lead...).
The bottom line is that some excess stock is being cleared through the L.Land in Inglewood, including older stuff from the late lamented Knox's Case Place and some Philip Murphy stores.
There are some over priced items, of course, (is $68 a good price for Penfolds 95A Chardonnay? ;]), along with some relatively normal prices and a few bargins!
I got what appeared to be the last 4 Yalumba Signature 1996's for $11.99 each!
There will apparently be another few pallets of stock going in over the next few weeks, so if you are in the area it is probably worth having a look. There are a few unusual wines included.
Beware of some bottles which do appear to have been displayed in windows, though. The 88 Leewin chard may be cooked to death.
I can't help but recommend a stickybeak at La Vigna, too. Damn interesting store.

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 02:34 PM