Reply to this topicStart new topic
HELP, WOODLEY WINES PTY LTD
Robyn
post Feb 15 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: RootAdmin
Member No.: 222

PS I did find out that Woodley's was sold to Wynn's in 1952, and looks like it may have ceased around 1956 (but the latter is a bit hard to say without a lot of research). It was based at Glen Osmond in SA (now part of Adelaide).

One important thing to know is how/where has your port been cellared? eg somewhere cool and dark rolleyes.gif , vs in a garage or in the sun etc? sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robyn
post Feb 15 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: RootAdmin
Member No.: 222

QUOTE (DianneMB @ Feb 13 2012, 05:02 PM) *
Hi,
I was cleaning out my parents home and stumbled across a bottle of Woodley's LORD MELBOURNE PORT. It is still boxed, sadly the top of the box is damaged. The box appears old and I would imagaine it would have been a gift for my father some time back. I tried to google woodley wines and came up empty. Would anyone be able to tell me anything about Woodly Wines and this paticular tawny port. Are you familiar with this port and would it be of any value..thanks

Hi Dianne - any idea how old it is please? Also are there any other useful clues on the label or box? If you can please let me know, I'll pass this on to Ian Hickinbotham, he may know, and get back to you.

Cheers - Robyn

+Quote Post
DianneMB
post Feb 13 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 43,438

Hi,
I was cleaning out my parents home and stumbled across a bottle of Woodley's LORD MELBOURNE PORT. It is still boxed, sadly the top of the box is damaged. The box appears old and I would imagaine it would have been a gift for my father some time back. I tried to google woodley wines and came up empty. Would anyone be able to tell me anything about Woodly Wines and this paticular tawny port. Are you familiar with this port and would it be of any value..thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 07:05 PM