Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join )

Closed TopicStart new topic
Food pairings with Semillon
KarriBindi
post Aug 12 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 17,624

Coming from the Margaret River region, Semillon is in great supply. Often teamed with Sauvignon Blanc to make the quentisential margaret river SSB or SBS. Also being on the coast seafood is always available. I dont know whether it is natures wish but there is nothing like an SSB with fresh seafood. Abalone, marinated in it and to drink with it it. Fresh fish on the BBQ with an SSB is also a treat. I think that any combination of Seafood and Sauvignon Blanc and/or Semillon, and you cant go wrong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
"John D"
post Dec 30 2000, 10:44 PM
Post #2

Guests

try this link , hope you find it useful...
http://lifestyle.ninemsn.com.au/winemagazi...oodforwine3.asp

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au

+Quote Post
"Ken S"
post Dec 24 2000, 02:02 PM
Post #3

Guests

Depends to some extent on what kind of semillon you are drinking I imagine - at least whether or not it is oaked.

My favorite combination with old Hunter (generally unoaked) Semmillon is a garlicky seafood "marinara" pasta dish with parsley and lots of extra virgin olive oil drizzled over it (in addition to the olive oil the seafood is cooked in). Note this does NOT work well with the New York style "marinara" which has tomato based sauce.

It does not work nearly as well with an oaky South Australian Semillon either. With that style of semillon I think I would try a simple roast chicken.

Cheers

+Quote Post
"jfshore"
post Dec 23 2000, 07:30 AM
Post #4

Guests

I live in Los Angeles, where Semillon is a rarity. I hadn't even heard of it until someone on this board recommended it as a pairing with Fish n' chips. Now my wife and I are big fans -- she just bought us a 1995 Rosemount Show Reserve Semillon. I would love to hear suggestions for food pairings with this wine -- preferrably ideas that do not involve meat (fish is okay).

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 06:53 AM