Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Help with Jimmy Watson list
"StarBoy"
post Aug 26 2002, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Guests

Mark,

Am I assuming correctly that you are trying to work out whether Grange has actaully won the JWT? If so, I lost an expensive bet recently when I said 'no', but as it turns out, 2 of those 3 Penfolds were actually Grange!

Bert

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
"Wizz"
post Aug 23 2002, 07:18 AM
Post #2

Guests

Mark, I'm not sure you will get a better list than the ones theo thers have referred to. Take this year's winner - we know its Rosemount, we know the name Hill of Gold was used, we know it was an SA based wine, it might end up the 01 Rosemount Traditional - but it doesnt have a name yet. Also take for example the year Punters Corner won - I understand the Spartacus label appeared after that!

cheers

Andrew

+Quote Post
"Lee"
post Aug 22 2002, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Guests

Mark.S
There is also a complete list in the Theo's store in Neutral Bay,Sydney.The store that you enter via the parking lot at the rear.

cheers,
Lee.

+Quote Post
"Mark S"
post Aug 22 2002, 09:47 PM
Post #4

Guests

Thanks, Ric - unfortunately it's the same list as on the Royal Melbourne Show website, eg the Penfolds winners for 1964, 1966 & 1968 are only described as "claret type" which, given the range of wines Penfolds makes, makes it damn hard to figure out which Penfolds wine(s) actually won the trophy. Guess I'll have to make the pilgrimage to Elderton some time to see the bottles for myself!

+Quote Post
"TORB"
post Aug 22 2002, 07:23 AM
Post #5

Guests

Try this site
http://www.winetitles.com.au/awol/wineshow...immywatson.html

If that doesnt give you the detail, there is a complete set in a showcase in the foyer of Elderton Winery.

Cheers
Ric

+Quote Post
"Mark S."
post Aug 21 2002, 11:17 PM
Post #6

Guests

Have tried various sources to get a complete list of Jimmy Watson Trophy winners since inception. Royal Melbourne Show website has a so-called list, but the info on the early winners is insufficient to properly identify the wines in question, & they are not responsive to queries. Would be very grateful for a complete & comprehensive listing since the award started in the early 1960's.
thanks, Mark S.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 10:35 AM