Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is the Winepros Forum going to survive? - Judy P?
"simm"
post Jan 17 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Guests

Lee,

Noice sentiment. Seems there is a bucket load (comparatively speaking) of activity here now. The only problem is that with this formatting it is easy to loose an old thread even if it has been replied to recently. And so will duck into a recent one and mention it there.

On behalf of everyone you mentioned and more. Many thanks for the kind words.

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
"Lee"
post Dec 10 2003, 11:59 PM
Post #2

Guests

well as for Judy P. Long gone.Southcorp communications or whatever.

Michael Park(online editor)pressumably still with us.Thumbs up!!

As for me?(not part of the wine pros team at all except to show my interest as we who love wine do)I'll keep posting so long as the site is open.

To the stallwarts(Mark .D, Sanjay,Nev.K, Adair,Mark S,Gary W,Kojak,Aussie John,Daz,Pelican,TORB,Red Bigot,carrie,simm,Lantana,Jan e b,chris H,Brett,
Jono G,Tonyc and many I've missed) let's keep bloody posting guys because I've learn't a shit load from you guys when all I knew between red and white wine was the colour!!

And Scotty Keep giving us hell!!It's been quiet for to long.

Cheers to all,
Lee

+Quote Post
"Mark S"
post Dec 10 2003, 09:32 AM
Post #3

Guests

Hi Daz - this forum (& Winepros site in general??) is clearly dying slowly. I put my occasional post mostly on the Auswine forum now, and like you, only subscribe to Winepros for the archived ratings & comments database, mainly by James Halliday. Don't believe Judy P is around any more - sent a critical/querying email to Winepros admin a month or 2 ago, pointing to the outdated links (eg Langtons) on the Winepros webpage, but didn't even get an acknowledgement.

+Quote Post
"Ian"
post Dec 8 2003, 10:07 PM
Post #4

Guests

When it was kicking I agree this was a great forum, but like Daz (and I suspect many others), I only drop in every now and then, due in part to the lack of participation.

I think Daz nailed another reason for fewer visits too:

"...JH's archived wine assessments; still one of the most comprehensive Australian wine references available, although updates are increasingly random and late."

The wine reviews & articles seem to be less frequent, and in some cases even out of date, which compounds things. You could always look through these while waiting for an interesting topic on the forum, or vice-versa, but if neither is happening it's hard to get enthusiastic.

+Quote Post
"Carrie"
post Dec 7 2003, 05:39 PM
Post #5

Guests

DearDaz

I love Winepros forum. I don't want it to go. The way it is set out is the best forum I have ever visited. Judy, send email out with the monthly email asking people to join forum again. Regards Carrie

+Quote Post
"daz"
post Dec 7 2003, 12:57 AM
Post #6

Guests

It's disappointing to see so few posts on the forum these days. I do drop in from time to time but there're days and days between posts lately. Auswine Forum seemed more popular when I first entered it, though I found the format less than user-friendly. Then Bert's StarForum got going with a new program that Gavin subsequently adopted for Auswine as well.

Most of the once regular contibutors to Winepos Forum seem to have gravitated to one or both of the the other aforementioned forums, even Aussie John, Mark D and Simm who was one of the more recent stalwarts of this forum.

Not being very computer competent, I still like the simplicity of this site and don't mind paying the $5 monthly subscription (plus the 10% "never, never" GST that I detest at least as much as the WET) for access to JH's archived wine assessments; still one of the most comprehensive Australian wine references available, although updates are increasingly random and late.

The question, "Is the Winepros Forum worth saving?" It seems so underused these days.

Regards

daz

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:03 AM