Desert Island Wines
samsam
post Oct 28 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 19,035

QUOTE (Trish @ Aug 30 2005, 03:20 PM) *
Hi,

Not sure if you have tasted Annapurna Bliss. It is very sweet and works great as both a wine that you can pur over your dessert as a topping or to sip with friends after a great meal.
I sell it for $16.00 per bottle. If you are in Melbourne I can offer a free tasting.

<FONT size=1>This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au</FONT>

Hi, How much per bottle I can resell your wine at retail price?
Can I have 1 or 2 free samples?

Thanks
Sam
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leunos
post Aug 21 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 17,732

If I'm only allowed one wine? Krug, no question about it (and it doesn't matter if I'm stuck with no Riedel flutes, I'll drink Krug out of a Sauvignon glass if I have to). Krug, beyond being a beautiful wine that will keep for as long as it takes to be rescued, has the advantage of going with nearly anything. It doesn't matter if I'm scavenging for mushrooms, fishing for sea-bass, or if I manage to somehow shoot down a seagull, Krug will go with the meal I prepare.

If you're letting me fill the wine cooler with a variety of wines, that's a different matter entirely. Given that it's a desert island, it's probably going to be very hot during the day, but rather cold at night - this is going to suggest that the majority of my collection will be white wines (for the days) and fortified reds (for the nights) - not to mention that it's going to be really tough to get reds to a decent drinking temperature; they won't warm at night, and I wouldn't want a heavy red during the day - the fortifieds at least will be better able to handle a days worth of heating before the evening sets in. As I don't know when I'm going to be rescued (and we're assuming that this is a really big cooler, so I don't need to ration my wine - say a 1,000 bottle cabinet, maybe?), it would be foolish to stock up on bottles that have a short lifespan - I'm going to need wines that can comfortably span the decades for me, just in case.

Needless to say, these requirements severely limit my options.

OK, crunch time. Fortifieds first. Definitely going to want some older vintage ports - 63s, 66s, 70s, and 77s, plus some younger ones that I can really enjoy as I start to go grey - particularly heavy on the 2000s and 2003s for very different reasons. I'm also going to want some Banyuls and Rastaux, just because I love 'em. I'm also going to cheat, and add a white fortified - some Madeira (the entire range, from sweet to dry, really). I'm going to need the occasional dry fortified to keep my spirits up without rotting my teeth. wink.gif

On to the whites, this is much more limited. Good Burgundy is the obvious choice, but I'm also including some semi-sweet Vouvrays - they should have no problem lasting as well. To finish up with the Frenchies, I'll add a couple of clavelins of Vin Jaune, and as much D'Yquem as I can muster - I wonder if one can make seagull foie gras? Finally I'm going to want lots (and lots) of Riesling. German, New Zealand, and Alsace (okay, I lied about being done with the French) mostly, but maybe a few Niagara Icewines for good measure to. Oh, and the Krug. wink.gif

Lastly, I don't want to go entirely without reds, but I need something that I can enjoy chilled. Give me some Julienas, some Fleuries, and a tonne and a half of Quinterelli's Valpolicellas. =)

Okay, time to face the music - and I really wish here that I could just take my 20 gig MP3 player. Barring that, I'll need something classic enough not to get bored. Probably going to go with a collection heavy on the Pink Floyd, Metallica, Simon and Garfunkel, Portishead, and the Bare Naked Ladies. Yeah, that'll do it.

Please visit here and enjoy

+Quote Post
"Prash"
post Jul 31 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Guests

Where can I taste the Annapurna Bliss you mentioned.

I'd love to sample it

Prash

This post has been imported from Winepros archive - www.winepros.com.au

+Quote Post
"Trish"
post Aug 30 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #4

Guests

Hi,

Not sure if you have tasted Annapurna Bliss. It is very sweet and works great as both a wine that you can pur over your dessert as a topping or to sip with friends after a great meal.
I sell it for $16.00 per bottle. If you are in Melbourne I can offer a free tasting.

+Quote Post
"Trish"
post Aug 30 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Guests

Hi,

Not sure if you have tasted Annapurna Bliss. It is very sweet and works great as both a wine that you can pour over your dessert as a topping or to sip with friends after a great meal.

+Quote Post
"daz"
post Aug 21 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #6

Guests

What's a desert wine? Fermented camel dung? Now if the illiterate poster and the fool whos had to snipe at Ric's helpful reply are representative of the posts on this site that was once one of the best Australian wine forums, I wonder why anyone bothers any more; except for spammers promoting someting in Bathurst.

Bye

daz

+Quote Post
"Andrew - Winepros admin"
post Jul 28 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #7

Guests

Guys,

Please keep it sensible, if you have issues you wish to air, keep the tone polite thanks - i don't want this to degenerate into a slinging match!

Torb, I am sure the wine quaffing community of Australia truly salute your gracious and admirable contribution to the online world of wine.....

We (Winepros) are as you all well know a division of a larger commercial company (winery) and we need to somehow create a revenue stream to enable this site to keep going it is as simple as that. Businesses exist to make money - thats what they are!

Just as an update we have recently renewed the agreement with James Halliday and he is now supplying us with his tasting notes each month (several hundred T.N.'s posted so far, and plenty more in the process thereof).

So, this in conjunction with his annual 'Top 100 wines' and the online publication of his 'Weekend Australian' articles, is, in my belief, far and above what was being presented on the website in the 'twilight times' of Winepros under its previous ownership.

Please, either air your greviances privately via email to the person, or you can contact me directly via email admin@byrneandsmith.com.au if you have any more questions regarding Winepros or any other matters we may be able to assist you with!

Thanks

-Andrew
WInepros.

+Quote Post
"TORB"
post Jul 28 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #8

Guests

Well TTTM, instead of trying to help, like you, perhaps I should provide nothing of value except negative criticsm. No, I don't think that would be a good idea. Perhaps you didn't notice, my site doesn't sell anything, it's not funded by advertising and it generates not one penny in revenue; in fact it costs me money but I do it because I love wine and sometimes it nice to try and help people.

You may have also failed to notice that I did not even provide a link, just the abbreviated name of the site. So much for self-promotion!

+Quote Post
"TTTM"
post Jul 28 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #9

Guests

TORB, your self promotion knows no bounds.

+Quote Post
"TORB"
post Jul 13 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #10

Guests

If you like a crisp dry finish, rather than a siuckly sweet one, try Hobbs 2003 Viognier or Hobbs 2003 Frontignac. They are a couple of the best stickies I have tried in ages. If you want to see TN's, look at the Tasting Notes page on Torbwine.

+Quote Post
"David"
post Jul 11 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #11

Guests

Any recommendations, other than Noble One?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 12:02 PM