Fast Facts - Wine and Food Travel in Australia
Research and statistics about online travel bookings
Recent research from Tourism Australia indicates that:
- Within the travel industry, consumers now research, plan and book more than 70% of their travel online.
- The internet was the leading source of information for international tourists in 2007, followed by word of mouth from friends or relatives who either live in, or have visited Australia.
- Over 55% of international visitors used the internet for general information after deciding to visit Australia, as well as to plan their itineraries, air travel, accommodation and activities.
- Since 2003, there has been particularly strong growth in internet use for information on international and domestic air travel, accommodation bookings and increasingly tours, events and restaurants.
Tourism Victoria on online travel planning in Victoria:
- 77% of consumers plan their trips in advance. (The Wine Regions of Victoria, Tourism Victoria, 2007).
- Almost 70% of international leisure visitors to Victoria use the internet for information, and more than 40% booked at least part of their travel online (Tourism Victoria, May 2008).
About VisitVineyards.com - the online guide to wine and food travel
- VisitVineyards.com is an online guide providing today’s food and wine traveller with information and experiences to help them research, plan and get the most out of their break.
- The site has brought together more than 30,000 wine, food and travel providers across every Australian region in the one location.
- The site does not sell wine or food, but rather the experience of exploration, discovery and access to superior wine and food travel.
- VisitVineyards.com does not charge suppliers and regional businesses for listing on the site and therefore can provide comprehensive coverage of the country’s best wine, food and travel providers.
- VisitVineyards.com works with independent experts to compile reviews and recommendations across Australia.
- The site interacts with its consumers via two levels of access – visitation and subscription.
- VisitVineyards.com does not charge consumers to search the site or become a subscriber.
- The site provides a monthly newsletter for subscribers with up to date news and special offers from its partners.
- VisitVineyards.com has more than 20,000 subscribers already signed up.
- The site is an active online publisher - not just a directory.
- There are blogs and forums to allow subscribers to share their experiences, and where they can ask questions of experts.
For images and further information please contact Belinda Phillips, Dig Marketing Group on 03 8606 3700 or email@example.com
To see our recommendations, ratings and reviews you must be a logged-in subscriber.
To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >