Supporting Australia's local producers, helping you find the hidden gems
Discover new wines and foods this spring
Welcome to VisitVineyards.com, Australia's leading online guide to wine and food travel. We love to share our passion for wine and food, showcasing the best, and helping you get the most from your travels.
But we're not only passionate about it, we also do something about it!
Here on our website we dig out the hidden gems – the perfect wineries or whatever you're looking for in our wine and food regions – so you can spend more time relaxing, enjoying yourselves and not miss the best experiences.
We taste the wines, talk to winemakers, chefs and food producers, and regional tourism people, to find out what's going on. Plus we get feedback from visitors on their experiences, and put it together in this online guide called VisitVineyards.com (which is also available in an iPhone app on iTunes here).
Lately, wine producers from around Australia have been telling us how things are going around the country. It's no secret that wine is in oversupply, but what's great is that there are still lots of quality, value wines around just waiting to be discovered (right here!).
Festivals are hot, and now that spring is here there are heaps to discover on our wine and food events calendar »
Food is right up there too, but it's wine, wine, wine that most of you love: to buy to drink, to enjoy, and to read about. So if you're one of the many who want to learn more about and discover new wine and food, and like the vast majority of our subscribers think it's important to support Australia's producers, you are in the right place!
Here on our VisitVineyards.com you can find pretty well every winery, vineyard and wine and food event in Australia (and a few in NZ, too), including:
- Australia's biggest list of wineries and vineyards – nearly 5000 at last count, including many boutique producers and hidden gems that you won't find elsewhere.
Opening hours? Of course. Child friendly? Sure. Have music? Yes! Whatever you need and want to enjoy, in whatever state, you can find it here – by region, by name, if they have a cellar door, when it's open, or search by wine varieties and lots more by using our advanced search (tick 'wine') here »
- What is wine without good food? We also list food growers, makers and producers – from cheese, bread, cakes and chocolate to truffles, tomatoes, vincotto and wasabi, you can discover where to find the best local and regional food here (using our advanced search, tick 'food') »
- Driving yourself? On VisitVineyards.com you can find heaps of self-drive itineraries and tours in wine and food country around Australia (and a few in New Zealand), compiled by leading writers and locals in the know;
- Like to keep up to date? We also have wine news and articles – wine reviews and tasting notes, and reviews of the latest wine books and iPhone apps, on our home and wine pages;
- There's also food and dining news and reviews from the regions, including restaurants, cooking schools and markets – check our what your fave chefs are doing, and find the hot new regional restaurants;
- What's on – this is a biggie! There are literally hundreds of events every month in Australia's biggest calendar of wine and food events! Search by date, state or region »
- Delightful regional accommodation – we feature a range of beautiful places to stay in food and wine country that you won't always find on big, impersonal directory sites – you can book them direct with the operators.
Nearly 40% of our site visitors now access VisitVineyards.com via mobile devices (thanks everyone!) and even though our site is not optimised for mobile yet, it works OK. (We hope to make this better when we can.)
For those of you who have an iPhone, all this is available on our iPhone app, so you can access our cellar door, restaurant, accommodation, food and other information on the go, wherever you are. Download the Visit Vineyards app from iTunes here »
And while you're planning where to go, or reminiscing over your wine region travels, you can also enjoy
- Reviews of the best cookbooks, food and wine (or beer) matching tips and ideas (check out the latest on the VisitVineyards.com home page) – we especially try to feature those with a regional flavour, often not found in city bookstores;
- Our popular monthly newsletter, so you can keep up with the latest;
- Special offers you receive as a subscriber »
- Feedback and tips from wine and food lovers – read current reviews by real people on all listings, and in our forums, and find out if that cellar door or restaurant really is as good as it sounds.... You can also share your own comments on places you've been;
- Monthly giveaways where we share fabulous wines, hampers, food produce, wine and food books, holidays and lots more from our wonderful producers around the country, on our popular Win page »
- Meet, chat with us or other wine and food lovers on our VisitVineyards Facebook page or on Twitter »
Even if your nearest grapevine is hundreds or even thousands of kilometres away – or if, like many, you are visiting this site from overseas – if you love wine or food, you're sure to find something to make your wine and food travels even more enjoyable!
As many of you will know, we've just completed our annual survey, and thanks so much to those of you who gave us such excellent feeback :) It's really great to hear from you, and to get an occasional pat on the back, too.
Sure, we know we can improve some things – and you'll perhaps already have seen a few changes on our website, with more to come – and it's also nice to know that many of you appreciate that we are a small team, based in regional Australia, with no government assistance or big company's budget to help us market our producers across regional Australia.
We're doing our best, and with your help, we aim to make it better!
So put a smile on your face, and if you haven't already subscribed, get into the wine travel groove, support Australia's fabulous producers and tourism operators, and join over 45,000 happy wine and food lovers here – it's free »
Enjoy this gorgeous spring, and thanks so much for your support, from Robyn, Kerry, Andrew, Laura and the rest of the team at VisitVineyards.com, and all our producers of wine and food, and travel business operators around Australia.
(And for those of you on Facebook, you can chat to us direct there if you like! Or ask a question or just say hi in the Facebook box below)
For the best of wine and food country on the go, download our free iPhone app here »
Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
* When you subscribe to VisitVineyards.com, you can opt to receive our seasonal newsletter, to keep up with the latest wine and food news, reviews, events and competitions. (We realise some of you have enough email already; it's not compulsory :)
To see our recommendations, ratings and reviews you must be a logged-in subscriber.
To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >