2014 Wine Communicator Award Finalists Announced
Our judges have waded through the entries and selected our top finalists in the Wine Communicator Awards.
Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) announced its finalists in six of the eight Wine Communicator Awards today.
The winners will be announced at a gala Awards Night on Wednesday, November 19 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney.
Our judges have waded through the entries and selected our top finalists in six of our eight Wine Communicator Awards. Congratulations to:
- Digital Communicator of the Year, sponsored by drinks association: Robyn Lewis, Dan Sims and Cake Wines
- Best Trade or Technical Wine Writer, sponsored by FULLER: James Atkinson, Anthony Hoare, Cathy Howard and Sonya Logan
- Best Wine Publication (trade or consumer), sponsored by Pernod Ricard Winemakers: Alquimie, Gourmet Traveller WINE and James Halliday's Wine Companion
- Best Wine Book (trade, technical or consumer), sponsored by Vintec: Barossa Shiraz - Discovering The Tastes Of The Barossa's Regions by Thomas Girgensohn, The Champagne Guide by Tyson Stelzer and Spirit of the Swan - 180 Years of Winemaking in the Swan Valley by Michael Zekulich
- Best Wine Website or App, sponsored by vin65: Vinomofo, Winehound and Wineosphere
- Best Single Feature Article or Wine Column, sponsored by Treasury Wine Estates: Avril Lavigne et Le Vin Naturel by Dan Honan, Last of his generation by Jeni Port, Tasting the feel by Jeremy Pringle and Let's be Franc by Dan Traucki.
- The Gourmet Traveller WINE/WCA New Wine Writer Award will be announced separately later this week.
A sincere thank you to all our judges who had the difficult task of selecting just three or four from the numerous outstanding entries. They were US-based VinTank CEO Paul Mabray, Canadian wine writer and editor Christopher Waters, current Digital Communicator of the Year Jane Thomson, FULLER director Peter Fuller, Australian Grape and Wine Authority Program Manager Anne Duncan and WCA national board members, Louise Radman, Roger Sharp and Angus Barnes. The New Wine Writer Award is judged by editor Judy Sarris, contributing editor Huon Hooke, and myself.
The winners - including the coveted Wine Communicator of the Year - will be announced at a gala cocktail-style Awards Night on Wednesday, November 19 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney. Get your ticket soon before it sells out.
Congratulations, again, to all our finalists and thank you to everyone who entered.
Angie Bradbury - WCA Chair
To see our recommendations, ratings and reviews you must be a logged-in subscriber.
To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >