Ceccanti Kiewa Valley Wines

Subscribe to VisitVineyards.com

Advertisement

285 Bay Creek Lane
Mongans Bridge VIC 3691
Australia
Phone: 03 5754 5236
Fax: 03 5754 5353
Email: info@ceccanti.com.au

Our family owned vineyard, winery and cellar door strives to live up to the Ceccanti motto, “Fortis et hospitalis”. The translation being “strong and hospitable”. Angelo (hails from Lucca Tuscany, arriving in Australia in 1969); wife Moya and son Danny tend the vines, make the wine and run the cellar door.

The 100 acre parcel was purchased in 1977, with the intention of planting cool climate grapes, the soil type, altitude and climate being comparable with the Chianti region in Tuscany.

The classic varieties of Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, Reserve and Nonno Reserve thrive in our Alpine cool climate site; where long cold winters, and cool summer nights, create the perfect environment for maturation of grapes with ripe characters, soft tannins and an abundance of fruity flavours.

We believe that 95 percent of good wine making is achieved in the vineyard, the other 5 percent in the winery with minimal interference. By adhering to this principle we produce elegant which are ready to drink in a year or maybe cellared for several years.

The setting is natural Australian bush with the cellar door attached to the winery. Prepare yourself for a Tuscan treat, we love food as much as we love wine.

Full menu every day, which ranges from Antipasti through to a full banquet (if so desired) with a classic Tuscan influence.

When time permits we are happy to show guests through the winery.

 

Our Recommendations

To see our recommendations, ratings and reviews you must be a logged-in subscriber.

To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >

Regions

  • Alpine Valleys
  • Legends, Wine and High Country (NE Victoria)
  • North East Victoria

To see more details you must be a logged-in subscriber.

To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >

Comments

To see comments you must be a logged-in subscriber.

To subscribe please enter your email address in the "Subscribe Now - it's Free" box on the right and click the "Join" button, or fill in this form >

[V]
Subscribe today - it's free
Subscribe Button

Subscribe now - for news and reviews, our newsletter (optional), to join our forums, and more.

Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button. We respect your privacy.

Log in

Enter your username...

Enter your password...

Log In Button

Forgotten your password?

Subscribe

Become a Member today
Become a Member

Enjoy exclusive experiences and benefits when you visit cellar doors, restaurants, provedores and more. Become a VisitVineyards.com Member today »

Browse


Premium listing
Competitions - wine, dine, travel